Friday, November 7, 2014

How RUDE!!!

I was startled awake by The Hubs at 7 a.m., very rudely I might add, because he just realized he was late for work.  About an hour late.  In his line of work, that's called a flop, so he would be home for the day and he was not a happy camper that he missed work.  He hates that.

My alarm was set for 9 a.m., so I went back to bed for another couple hours.  More so that I benefit from the maximum amount of sleep as where before when there were many-a-night that insomnia got the best of me.

Its Sunday...Walk Day with the BFF.  We usually meet up at 11 a.m. and start doing a warm up lap.  Today were going to Wilson Park.  It is the best park in my area.  There's an awesome walking path that is just under a mile long so it makes it easy to gauge our walking distance.

Its a very HOT and still day.  No breeze and it feels like an oven.  Its been a hot summer this year.  We start out just a stroll to warm up,  I pre-stretch before I leave the house because its part of my daily routine.  Besides, in my work its what I preach to all of my clients to do on a daily basis.. STRETCH!  Now if I could only get the BFF to do the same.

On this day I was extremely proud of both of us.  We approached the hill with verve and a positive attitude.  On this 9th day of my cleanse and to my surprise, we did that hill without any problem.  I wasn't breathing overly hard... steady and rhythmic.  My heart wasn't beating out of my chest and I felt really good.  IT WAS AMAZING!  As I was coming to the top I remember thinking that walking this hill won't kill me after all.  I can go another round without the stopping. Which we did -that never happens.

I didn't want to slow the heart rate for fear that the fat burning aspect of it would not work.  I'm so happy at this point, for a second I thought I could run.  But we won't attempt that just yet.  We have a bit to go as novice walk-for-fitness-ers, but I'm confident we'll get there.

There was no weight loss on this day and that's fine.  Probably due to all the food I ate yesterday.  Tomorrow is the last day of the cleanse and we'll see where all this dedication has gotten me.

Be well and Have a beautiful day.

Wanted to share the Wonderful Wilson Park:

 View of part of the walking paths and the Tree House.

Another view of the Tree House 

The Duck Pond.  You can see the walk paths in the back there. 

A different angle from the back of the pond. 

The Steamers are right next to the park with train rides every 1st Sunday.

The children's Playground

View from way back on the hill.  Those buildings back there are the batting cages, hockey rink and indoor sports center.

note: pics taken from a google search of images of the park and do not belong to me personally.

No comments:

Post a Comment