Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Pre-Cleanse Shme-Cleanse

I did the pre-cleanse for 2 days as best I could.  Instructions were no meat, no processed foods, no dairy and no sugar.  Drink more water than usual.  Basically I was left wondering what could I really eat, because those things I was to avoid was all I had in my home.

That's when it really hit me!  Our primary diet is mostly processed.

The Hubs still shops for groceries like he did when he was single. (He is the primary shopper) Convenient processed foods that can keep for long periods of time.  Can goods, boxed meal mixes - you know the kind.  And he likes to buy in bulk so he won't have to shop as often.  He hated when I required fresh produce - fruits and vegetables or nuts and stuff.  It literally irked him.  He thought it was a waste because they go bad too quickly so you can't buy too much at one time, sending him to the store more often.  Forget about asking him to buy organically or at the Farmers Market.  NO WAY!  NOT HAPPENING!

Prior to my husband, being from Hawaii, my diet consisted of more fresh fruits and vegetables, where a lot of my food grew in our back yards.  Fresh fish, seaweed and other sea animals & plants all the time.  That was staple in an island girls way of life.  I have family that raise livestock, so we had fresh meat.  We had chickens so we got fresh eggs everyday.  There were more from scratch home cooked meals, rarely anything from a box.  Then I moved to the mainland with my husband and it all changed.

Over the years I just got used to my husbands way.  Paying for it with my health.  A very expensive price to pay.

That's why I was so happy that he agreed to the Purium program.  Its a good thing for us both.

So my diet for 2 days consisted of PB&J on whole wheat.  Hey, I said I tried my best.  Besides I didn't want the bread to go to waste.  My PB was all natural and you can't have PB without the J. :)

Here is where I started:


Age : 44
Height  5'8"
Weight:  278.2
Arms:     18" each
Chest:     45" upper
               41 1/4" under
               50" middle / across the nipple
Waist:     46 1/2"
Hips:       54"
Thigh:     30" upper


When my husband took these pictures I could not believe it.  My stomach was so large and my back is so wide.  Didn't realize it through the years.  Guess I had goggles on the whole time.

Can't wait to start the cleanse and a new chapter in my life.

Aloha Y`all!



No comments:

Post a Comment